Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Happy new year and a little controversy!

Photo by Carson Arias on Unsplash

Happy new year everyone!

Welcome to a new year and a new decade!

The arrival of 2020 brings with it much anticipation, excitement and trepidation: three words that all mean the same thing and totally different things at the same time. I hope your new year starts off well and grows in success every month.

Netflix has removed Friends from its streaming options and ended the #2 streamed show on its service. I have been watching regularly as I thoroughly enjoy the show, but have no fear - I own the DVDs.

Now to that controversial piece! Probably, the most controversial thing I will say all year.

I think Rachel should have ended up with Joey!

There! I said it.

I think the Ross-Rachel ending was wrong. Yes, yes, they were the biggest romance of season 1 and 2. But the painful break up (were they on a break or not!) and fighting was painful to watch. And the love expressed between Rachel and Joey was something real, deep and wholesome. I think they should have been together. Sorry Kevin Bright, Martha Kauffman and David Crane. I just don't buy it!

What do you think?


  1. Who should Rachel have chosen (Ross, Joey, No one because who needs a man anyway)?
  2. Were they on a break?
  3. How did they afford those apartments anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment