Thursday, December 12, 2019

Is Lamar the Real Deal?

Photo by Dave Adamson on Unsplash

Just watched a story by Erin Andrews on Fox Sports about Lamar Jackson. It was brilliantly done. Everyone is wondering: is he the real deal? Most people I speak to wonder about when and if he will survive at his current pace. Most people, including me, wonder when he will be injured.

The Fox story on him was inspiring. A powerful selection of clips, great background music and a video take of Lamar sitting while his team mate, Mark Ingram 2nd speaks about him. I had to watch it again. I don't think Lamar said more than 4-5 sentences.

I watched it again. I was wrong...he said 10 sentences. Mark Ingram spoke more about him than he spoke in total. And the one word after incredible that people are using about Lamar is "humble". I hope he stays that way. I hope he continues to succeed and continues to inspire children. Apparently his jersey was the highest sold jersey on Black Friday across the country. We need heroes like that.

And the response about whether Lamar is breaking the trend of quarterbacks and introducing a new age of quarterbacking...both Lamar and Mark speak humbly: the story is still being written.

Well, I think he is the real deal. I'm a fan right now. He's incredible to watch, and his stats are incredible to read.

Injuries sideline all players. I don't wish him injury and I hope he leads the NFL into a new era as the GOAT retires soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment