Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Is there such a thing as a 5 o'clock shadow of the brain?

I know people talk about the sluggishness of the afternoon work load. I mean, that's why there's 5 hour energy, coffee and the plethora of Dunkin and Starbucks around right? And good friends don't let friends drink Starbucks!

But, as the 5 o'clock shadow grows on my chin, I feel a shadow creep on my mind at the same time. I genuinely feel more awake at midnight than at 5pm. So as I write this in my sleep induced shadow of the 5pm afternoon I wonder - what is the solution for this mind numbing feeling.

I am sure many will say coffee, caffeine, a power nap earlier, a goodnight sleep the night before...but I have tried all those and that sluggishness of mind and memory still persists.

Is there the equivalent of a quick shave for the brain out there?


No comments:

Post a Comment