Tuesday, February 11, 2020

A Vision Vacuum?!?

Photo by Rahul Bhosale on Unsplash

We have a vision vacuum in America. 

At least, that's what I think. I look at the candidates for president and I want to hear a grand vision that rallies us together. And I just don't see it...yet.

I think back to some grand visions of the recent past in American political history (most of these pivotal paragraphs can be found here):
  • A vision to overcome fear - Franklin D. Roosevelt 
  • A vision to resist atomic devastation - Dwight Eisenhower
  • A vision for a Great Society - Lyndon B. Johnson
  • A vision for a space race - John F. Kennedy
  • A vision for heroism - Ronald Reagan
  • A vision to overcome grief - Ronald Reagan
  • A vision for a more perfect union - Barack Obama
  • A vision for unity - Martin Luther King Jr.
These visions moved us, captured us, drew us together, inspired us to greatness. 

Where is the vision for the 21st Century America? We live in a vision vacuum.

Do you see a grander vision for America? If so, what do you see? I would love to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment