Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Catching Up

How bad is it to have a blog and never write on it? Well, bad...very bad!

So enough of that. It is now 2011 and it has been a full year. We visited South Africa earlier this year as a family, then I transitioned to a new job at First Congregational Church in Hopkinton as their new Pastor of Care and in the midst of this I contracted MRSA.

So the year has been filled with many highs and one or two lows, but overall the year has been great. Even the MRSA ordeal was an incredible growth time for me as I was able to experience first hand the generosity of those at FCCH, the wonderful care of the nurses and doctors at Framingham Union Hospital and the immense and God-honoring support of my wife and friends. I truly am surrounded by wonderful and loving people.

My transition to FCCH has been excellent. I love what I am doing and I thoroughly enjoy my role and contribution to the church. The church is wonderful with meaningful services, a dedicated staff, wonderful people and a solid commitment to caring for and reaching out to those in our community. Come check us out this Sunday, especially with a brand new series kicking off - Face to Face. Check out www.fcch.org for more info.

Door's Howls will be back soon with more movie reviews. I recently saw Battle LA and while very predictable the movie was a great action, shoot 'em up with Aaron Eckhart doing a great job in the lead.

The weather is now warming up and I am looking forward to some warmer and sunnier days.

Finally, Hammer and Chisel Inc, the non-profit I work with and help lead is bringing some students over to New York and Boston in April. It should be a good time as these students experience these two cities in ways they never would have before.

More to come!

1 comment: